PRIVACY & COOKIES
WHO WE ARE
Olverum and the website www.olverum.com are owned and run by The Orange Square Company Limited (“Orange Square”, “the company” or “We”). For the purpose of data protection law, the controller is The Orange Square Company Limited of Peregrine House, 26-28 Paradise Road, Richmond, TW9 1SE, United Kingdom. For further information about Orange Square, and the different divisions and brands within it, please email email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect, how we use that information, who we share it with, and how we protect that information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect, use and store different types of personal information about you as detailed below:-
Information you give us:
You may choose to provide personal information to us, for example by filling in forms on our website, entering competitions and prize draws, creating an account on our website or via a mobile app, contributing on one of our social platforms, or contacting us by email, phone, live chat, or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number financial and credit card information, and user-generated content. If you login to one of our sites using social login, you will also be giving us access to your social data on the relevant social network.
Information we collect about you:
- Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our site and products you viewed or searched for;
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Details about the types of services we provide to you;
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email.
We also collect information using cookies to understand how you interact with our advertising content, to make sure we’re delivering this in the most relevant way. We do this on our sites and on third party sites. See our Cookies Notice below for more information.
Information we receive and collect from other sources:
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publicly available content on social media.
In particular we work with SagePay and Vohm Ltd for the day to day operation and processing of orders on the website; WorldPay for processing of trade orders: Royal Mail, DPD Group, Transglobal Express and UPS for deliveries; Survey Monkey for surveys and email marketing campaigns; and Blue Array Ltd for Search Engine Optimisation.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In general terms, we collect and use personal information to:
- deliver our services and meet our legal responsibilities
- verify your identity where this is required
- contact you by post, email, telephone, social media directly or indirectly for marketing purposes
- understand your needs and how they may be met
- maintain our records
- process financial transactions
- prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption
More specifically, the table below explains how we use your personal information and the reasons that we rely on in doing so. Where these reasons include legitimate interests, we explain what these legitimate interests are.
What we use your information for
Our legitimate interests
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information within The Orange Square Company, and with any division within the company, which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for marketing purposes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on The Orange Square Company.
We may share your personal information with:
- Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help us to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage your contact and questions.
- Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services. We currently use Royal Mail, DPD Group, Transglobal Express and UPS for our postal and delivery services.
- Analytics and search engine providers (Google Analytics , Blue Array Ltd) that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of actively preventing and detecting crime, fraud and corruption as well as assessing your credit score and verifying your details where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you. information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Orange Square Company or a part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers relating to those assets will be one of the transferred assets.
- In other circumstances if we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you will be stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL LOGIN
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use social login. If you choose to use social login, please be aware that the social platform will share your profile information with us. The information that is shared will depend on your social platform settings. You can find out more by reviewing the privacy notice for the social login provider that you use.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
Some of our sites and apps allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to our sites and apps or to one of our social platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should take that into account when sharing any personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these platforms.
If you choose not to give your personal information
If you choose not to give your personal information that we request when you wish to make a purchase,it may delay or stop us from being able to provide you with the products or services that you have requested.
How long we keep your personal information
We hold your data for as long as it is required for the purposes described above and subject to your personal consent. Transactional information for website customers is held for a period of two year. Transactional information for trade customers is held for a period of 7 years. Other personal data for website customers is held until authorisation is rescinded.
Controlling your personal data
It’s important that you are able to control your personal data as follows:-
Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
- We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent – see Withdrawing consent to using your information below
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information – see Objecting to how we may use your information below
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
Objecting to how we may use your information – You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In addition, where we use your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest or pursuant to the legitimate interests of us or a third party then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
Restricting how we may use your information – in some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right might also apply where this is no longer a basis for using your personal information but you don’t want us to delete the data. Where this right to validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
Portability – if we process personal information that you provide to us on the basis of consent or because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, and in either case that processing is carried out by automated means, then you have the right to have that personal information transmitted to you in a machine-readable format. Where technically feasible, you also have the right to have that personal information transmitted directly to another controller.
Automated processing – if we use your personal information on an automated basis to make decisions which significantly affect you, you have the right to ask that the decision be reviewed by an individual to whom you may make representations and contest the decision. This right only applies where we use your information with your consent or as part of a contractual relationship with you
Withdrawing consent using your information – Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the Contact information and further advicesection if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Contact information and further advice
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Data Protection Officer
The Orange Square Company
26-28 Paradise Road
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
By phone: 0303 123 1113
By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
If you want to control which cookies are used, please see our Cookies Policy below.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy. Paper copies of the privacy statement may also be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy statement was last updated on 22nd May 2018.